The Users section is where a Domain Administrator can manage the user accounts on their domain, import users in bulk, set the default user settings and propagate those settings to specific users, and improve the search functionality for a user by reindexing their account. To create a new SmarterMail account and add a user on your domain, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the SmarterMail web interface as a Domain Administrator. (https://mail.connectweb.net)
- Click on the Domain Settings icon from the menu toolbar.
- Select Accounts from the navigation pane.
- When the Accounts section loads, you'll see a variety of tabs: Users, Aliases, Administrators, User Groups. To add a new user, be sure the Users tab is selected:
- Click the New button and the New User modal will appear.
- In the Username field, type the desired username.
- In the Authentication Mode field, select the appropriate authentication option from the list.
- In the Password and Confirm Password fields, type the password for this account. Be sure to type the same password each time. You'll notice that the password requirements that were set up are displayed, and they will turn from Red to Green when your password has met the listed requirements.
- Click Save.
New users are created using the Default User template that was set up. If you want to change any of those default settings for the new user, you can do so on the User Details page that loads after you click the Save button. If you're fine with using the default settings, you're done!
NOTE: The user must have a backup email address on file to utilize the password reset functionality. For information on setting up the backup email address, please see the KB article